Reviving Dance Day was such a joy this summer, thank you to everyone who made this community event happen safely!
According to our tallies, about 200 people came out to Dance Day (not counting the 15+ instructors who volunteered to teach workshops throughout the day, or the 58 performers who graced the stage at the evening showcase!) That’s a whole lotta dancing feet!
Head to the media archives to see pictures from the showcase. Special thanks to Tim Koen for capturing so many amazing moments.
This dancestravaganza would not be possible without an entire team of sponsors, partners and volunteers, so we’d like to thank them again:
Partners & Sponsors
- Philly Dance Fitness
- Ballroom Bliss
- The City of Philadelphia
- State Street Tribal
- Plays & Players Theater
- Allyson Kacmarski
- Beverly Holskin
- Billy Sander
- Devika Gupta
- Jason Corn
- Jody Thigpen
- Kayla Babicki
- Liz Giraldo
- Marianna Hunter
- Natalie Flynn
- Paula Phillips
- Rebecca Narva
- Sean Thomas Boyt
- Shannan Reese
- Instructors from Jazz Attack
- Nearly 60 students, instructors and professional dancers volunteered to show off their talents at the evening event.
In addition to these partners, a network of dedicated volunteers and Philly Dance Fitness staff put countless hours of work into running this event. Shout out to:
- Deborah Hirsch, organizer of Philadelphia Dance Day and president of Philly Dance Fitness
- Kirwei Lo, Dance Day chair
- Delaney Malloy, Philly Dance Fitness marketing coordinator, and Emma Wood, design intern
- Seth Weiner, sound engineer and technical support
- Students and staff who volunteered to do check-in, clean up and other tasks throughout the day.
And, last but of course not least, a huge thank you to everyone who boogied all day long with us!
Relive the day by flipping through some photos and videos from the performances on our media tab or Facebook page. Please tag and share so we can get even more people dancing next year!
While you’re at it, mark your calendars now for next year’s Philadelphia Dance Day. As usual, it will be the last Saturday of the month. See you then!