As usual, Dance Day was a phenomenal experience. Thank you to everyone who made this community festival possible.
According to our tallies, more than 230 people came out to Dance Day (not counting the 15+ instructors who volunteered to teach workshops throughout the day, or the 70 performers who graced the stage at the evening showcase!) That’s a whole lotta dancing feet!
This dancestravaganza would not be possible without an entire team of sponsors, partners and volunteers, so we’d like to thank them again:
Partners & Sponsors
- Philly Dance Fitness
- Ballroom Bliss
- The City of Philadelphia
- Plays & Players Theater
- Abi Burns
- Allyson Kacmarski
- Cailey Ryons
- Damien Lobato & Sarah Chung
- Gloria Li
- Jody Thigpen
- Lily Kind
- Marianna Hunter
- Marvette Hunter
- Mishea Clemons
- Natalie Flynn
- Sean Thomas Boyt
- Teena Varghese
- Timaree Schmit
- Vonda Pearson
- More than 70 students, instructors and professional dancers volunteered to show off their talents at the evening event.
In addition to these partners, a network of dedicated volunteers and Philly Dance Fitness staff put countless hours of work into running this event. Shout out to:
- Deborah Hirsch, organizer of Philadelphia Dance Day and president of Philly Dance Fitness
- Kirwei Lo, Dance Day chair
- Seth Weiner, sound engineer and technical support
- Philly Dance Fitness staff:
- Beverly Holskin, ballet director & studio manager
- Delaney Malloy, marketing coordinator
- Emily Leddy, membership director & afterschool program administrator
- Jade McMichael, design intern
And, last but of course not least, a huge thank you to everyone who boogied all day long with us!
Relive the day by flipping through some photos and videos from the performances on our media tab or Facebook page. Please tag and share so we can get even more people dancing next year!
While you’re at it, mark your calendars now for next year’s Philadelphia Dance Day. As usual, it will be the last Saturday of the month. See you then!