As usual, Dance Day was a phenomenal experience. Thank you to everyone who made this community festival possible.
According to our tallies, more than 300 people came out to Dance Day (not counting the dozen instructors who volunteered to teach workshops throughout the day, or the record 85+ performers who graced the stage at the evening showcase!) That’s a whole lotta dancing feet!
This dancestravaganza would not be possible without an entire team of sponsors, partners and volunteers, so we’d like to thank them again:
Partners & Sponsors
- Philly Dance Fitness
- Ballroom Bliss
- The City of Philadelphia
- Plays & Players Theater
- ZAZZ Youth Dance & Drama
- Jody Thigpen
- Kate Holden
- Kayla Babicki
- Lael Leach
- Marianna Hunter
- Michelle Krichilsky
- Mike Andino
- Mike McDermott
- Mishea Clemons
- Natalie Flynn
- Rachel Back
- Rebecca Narva
- More than 85 students, instructors and professional dancers volunteered to show off their talents at the evening event.
In addition to these partners, a network of dedicated volunteers and Philly Dance Fitness staff put countless hours of work into running this event. Shout out to:
- Deborah Hirsch, event organizer and president of Philly Dance Fitness
- Seth Weiner, sound engineer
- Workshop check in volunteers: Kayla Babicki, Kirwei Lo, Mikey Sanchez, Natalie Flynn
- Philly Dance Fitness & ZAZZ staff:
- Beverly Holskin, ballet director & studio manager
- Delaney Malloy & Mikey Sanchez, marketing, social media and evening show logistics
- Jade McMichael, graphic and program design
And, last but of course not least, a huge thank you to everyone who danced all day long with us!
Relive the day by flipping through some photos and videos from the performances on our media tab or Facebook page. Please tag and share so we can get even more people dancing next year!
While you’re at it, mark your calendars now for next year’s Philadelphia Dance Day. As usual, it will be the last Saturday of the month. See you then!